Daughter's Bedroom Reveal

The time has finally come- to reveal my daughter's decorated bedroom. When we moved into this house we painted the walls yellow - her favorite color but not much else was done to it. I had plans especially for her large closet but wasn't able to put them all together until now. Thankfully Pinterest kept me busy the past couple months pinning some ideas and great inspiration. Now I think the room is perfect for her and I even find myself hanging out in it because it is so bright and happy!!

Before: As you can see the walls were painted and her new bed & nightstand were added but everything else was left over from when she was younger. She also has a playroom which is where most of her toys are....eventhough she never goes in there!! I should mention yellow was a pain to paint - there are 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of yellow on these walls!!






After:
I went with a pink, blue, and green color scheme to reflect the colors in her bedspread. I had thought about doing a vinyl cherry blossom tree but after reading the comments on it - it just sounded like it would be too difficult to put up on her walls- they aren't very smooth :(


As you can see her room gets full sun most of the day- so I added eclipse room darkening curtains in the raspberry color. It has helped alot!!




Since she is in kindergarten and they are learning to read, I wanted her to have a reading corner- my son is a bookworm- and I am hoping she will take after him and love reading. I debated on building something for her but in the end a big comfy chair was all she wanted. I love the paper lanterns above it- I had attempted the Martha Stewart pom poms but they were a total fail - luckily Hobby Lobby had these in our colors!!



I love this owl - I want him in my bedroom!! Yes, eventually I will fill the photo frame with photos!!



Her closet/dressing room- I will do a full post on this later this week on how I pulled this off- but I love it..she loves it....I am so excited about it. Her clothes and dresser are tucked in on the other end of the closet.



Since she never played in the playroom anyway I decided to clean out her toys {again} and bring them upstairs. Her barbies are tucked in a couple of these tubs as well as some more books- she has a bunch!!
The Barbie house also made it's way upstairs- not sure if it will get played with more but at least it matches the color scheme!! Oh and that armoire is full of her dress up princess dresses! I'll have a post later this week on that too!



Want a breakdown of where it came from and a few of my deals?
Armoire - found on craigslist and painted white for $20
Vanity- Target clearance $32
Vanity Chair- found at goodwill and painted pink $5
Dressing Room Curtains- Lowe's
Eclipse Room Curtains- Kohl's
Pink Disc Chair- Walmart
Green rug- Hobby Lobby
Pink/Blue/Green Accessories- Hobby Lobby
Pink Beaded Lamp- Target
Pink Silver Lamp- Lowe's
Black Chandelier painted pink over vanity- Hobby Lobby



All of this was purchased (except vanity) over the past couple of weeks so you should be able to find it in the stores now.



Would love to hear what you all think of her new room!
~Elizabeth


Reds  – (January 3, 2012 at 7:47 AM)  

I am sure she LOVES this room!!! It is so cute and sweet!!

Angela2932  – (January 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM)  

What an adorable room! And that closet looks incredible! We need a picture of your daughter enjoying her room!

Lauren Hartman  – (January 3, 2012 at 5:27 PM)  

Ohhh, that looks like the Perfect little girl's room. She must be thrilled with it. Nice job!

Anonymous –   – (January 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM)  

Looks great with all those bright accessories!

joscelyne cutchens  – (January 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM)  

what a great looking room, all those colors make me happy :)

Becca  – (January 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM)  

Such a pretty room! I enjoyed the posts above these, showing the before and afters of the chairs and the closest. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP