Master Bedroom Reveal

Wohoo!! The Master Bedroom is decorated and looks like a real master bedroom, something I am proud of and glad to show off when people want to see our new house!! Wohoo!! This is huge..I mean we lived in our old house for 4 years without anything but a picture of my husband's season tickets hanging on the walls- no bedspread, no pictures, no curtains, no lamps, nothing!! This is huge, I mean HUGE for me and I love it!!

So if you remember this is what we started with- as you can see the previous owners had these wonderful(not) shades thruout the entire house- notice the sag in the middle of them!! Also you can see they had little cafe rods up at one point over the windows. I had purchased this brown comforter set shortly after we moved in- but it was scratchy and I was not very happy with the fact that it was already showing some wear. The pillows I started collecting once I knew that I was going to stick with the green color. The nightstands I had just purchased from Kohl's on clearance.

If you ever wondered how big a difference curtains make- just compare both sides of this photo and you can see it is HUGE!! I was also trying out the lamps and different shades to see which ones I liked the best!




Both curtains are up- mounted much higher then the window. I chose to only put one panel up on each window because I planned to keep them closed to cover the terrible sagging shades behind them, plus we rarely open these curtains!! I really liked this look- it was neat and matched but maybe a bit too much- and I did not realize just how dark it was going to turn the room. {{notice the white shades on the lamps now}} Still missing some art work over the bed.




The finished product!! I decided to go with a white bedspread to lighten up the room some and added some white accent pillows. The artwork over the bed came from Bed, Bath & Beyond and was a collection. The white armchair was my grandmother's and works perfectly in here!! You can see the light shining in the windows behind the curtains- these were 95" curtains so they went a bit above the window and helped balance out the room height.






Another view- this lets you see the framed art a bit better. We have family photo walls everywhere in our house so I did not want that over our bed too- I am thinking over time of replacing these with photos of our favorite vacation spots.






Notice my green jack!! I eyed that for weeks at Target before I pulled the trigger and bought it- good thing too because the next time I went in there the whole section of green had sold out!










And here is your before/after shot so you do not have to scroll all the way back up!




What a difference it makes! Still have the other half of the room to finish but I am loving the way this half looks!!




~Elizabeth

Kerry  – (April 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM)  

Good job--it looks lots better!

Nicki  – (April 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM)  

Welcome back to POTD. Your bedroom is beautiful and should you change your mind about opening your curtains down the road, you can always drape them to one side. Well done.

Reds  – (April 7, 2012 at 5:57 AM)  

Welcome back! And your new room looks amazing! Love your before and after shots!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP